Saturday, February 5, 2011

Finding your apartment style

The folks at www.move.com have a great section on apartment decorating & defining a style. One interesting question they ask when trying to determine your style was "what would you want someone you admire to say when they visited your space?" And what would you not want them to say?I had to think about that for a minute but for me I would hope to hear "Simple, Clean, Well put together, Organized, Amazing, Comforting, young & energetic, Cozy.
Things I wouldn't want to hear would include sweet, traditional, grown up, the words Pier One or any other big name retailer.

I think I will begin to solicit annonomous comment cards about my place next time friends are over. I will invest in a small ballot box and keep it near the exit. How else would you ever know what anyone thinks about your design style or lack of?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment